Start Date: 1/22/2018 8:30 AM CST
End Date: 1/22/2018 11:45 AM CST
Venue Name: Kalahari Resort
1305 Kalahari Drive
Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association
Location: Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
Registration: 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:30-11:45 a.m.
Registration Costs: 3 credits/co-op or $1,350/co-op
Send as many employees as you want to one or more locations.
Making a Difference as a Co-op Brand Ambassador
Each session will begin with a presentation from cooperative management highlighting consequential issues relevant to the success of electric cooperatives and their members. This information will help employees be better communicators and representatives of their cooperative.
Every employee at your electric co-op has a chance to either delight or dismay those they come into contact with—whether on the job or during off hours. You live and work with the members of your electric co-op who may also be your neighbors.
Even when you’re not “officially” at work, you can have an important impact on how your electric co-op is viewed by members and the community at large. This program will focus on:
- The impact you have as an employee on your co-op’s reputation—regardless of the area where you work
- Best practices, strategies, and tips for being an effective brand ambassador
- Making your voice heard in constructive ways when you have an issue or concern
- Tackling tough situations: how to respond effectively to input, complaints, concerns—and positive feedback—from the members and broader community
- Navigating the potential, and perils, of social media communities
Electric co-ops are generally highly regarded in Wisconsin and viewed as great places to work. This interactive session will provide you with insights and examples of how you can play a role in maintaining that positive image.