Start Date: 3/7/2018 9:00 AM CST
End Date: 3/7/2018 4:00 PM CST
Venue Name: Comfort Inn & Suites
W10170 Highway 54 E
Black River Falls,
Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association
Location: Comfort Inn & Suites
Room Block Name: WECA
Room Cut-Off: Monday, February 5, 2018
Rate: $91 tax
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Change is Hard: Guiding Your Team THrough Complex Times (#714.1)
1-1/2 Skill Builder Credits
With waves of technical, social, economic, and regulatory changes, electric cooperatives now find themselves operating in what the U.S. military calls a VUCA environment (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous). In this environment, supervisors must adapt to—and lead—continuous change at their co-ops. The types of changes differ, yet the change process itself is predictable, and so are the ways people respond to change. Supervisors who understand the most effective techniques and develop solid plans for navigating their teams through complexity, chaos and confusion are better equipped to thrive in a VUCA world.
- Understand the supervisor’s roles & responsibilities related to changes at co-ops.
- Learn the typical causes of change and types of change and tools to effectively manage change.
- Describe the reactions most people have to change and use techniques for managing these reactions.
- Model the attitudes and behaviors needed for a successful change initiative.
- Address barriers to change.
- Effectively use the “4 P’s” of change communications:
- Purpose: why we have to do this.
- Picture: what it will look and feel like when we reach our goal.
- Plan: step-by-step, how we will get there.
- Part: what you can (and need to) do to help us move forward.
- Recognizing typical causes and types of change
- Supervisors’ responsibility in implementing change
- Techniques for managing team member reactions to change
- Planning process for implementing a change
- Future change agents impacting co-ops
- Modeling expected attitudes and behaviors