BROADBAND OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
East Central Energy, Braham, Minn.— is looking for and is excited to add a Broadband Operations Supervisor to our team. Do you enjoy the challenge of starting a project and using your problem-solving skills to come up with innovative solutions? Are you a motivated leader who can lead a team effectively? Come work with us in this brand-new position!
A Day in the Life
- Coordinate with others to develop and maintain a department vision, strategy, and roadmap. Ensure the culture set forth by ECE’s executive team is communicated and successfully executed.
- Make sure all broadband installation and repairs are performed in compliance with quality and safety requirements.
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the organization.
- Coordinate with others to build ECE Fiber awareness so all members benefit from opportunities and products.
- A two-year degree in telecommunications, business management plus five years of experience in related fiber optic broadband industry is preferred; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Strong understanding of GPON architecture including troubleshooting and installation.
- Strong understanding of fiber optic outside plant construction and maintenance procedures and equipment including OTDR use, fault isolation and repair, optical power meters, scopes, cleaning equipment and procedures and laser light sources and safety.
- Understand fiber optic/broadband equipment, products, and materials to construct a system in accordance with approved specification and material lists.
- Understand laws, codes, and rules regarding safety to construct a fiber optic/broadband system close to the electrical system.
- Understand basic building construction and skill in reading floor plans and equipment manufacturer specifications.
- Understand optical circuits, splitting and switching equipment and the electrical equipment supporting them.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office 365 software.
- Possess a high level of integrity; respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Create a clear strategic vision for broadband operations.
- Proven ability to build trust with others through a commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical persons.
- Resolve member concerns in a timely fashion.
- Ensure accuracy of data entered into various systems.
- Join a culture of innovation, empowered decision-making, and accountability.
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance.
- Up to 10% employer contribution to 401(k).
- Additional benefits and amenities, including paid time-off programs, education assistance, and more.
To apply online, visit https://east-central-energy.breezy.hr/p/b1faf46aec6d-broadband-operations-supervisor
ECE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Application deadline: Monday, May 15, 2023