CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER AND VP, FINANCE
Pierce Pepin Cooperative Services, Ellsworth, WI—(PPCS) seeks a Chief Financial Officer and VP, Finance to provide leadership to the Cooperative in all financial-related activities. PPCS is a growing cooperative that serves 6,800 members in western Wisconsin. With convenient access to the Twin Cities metro areas of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, living and working in our service area provides tremendous opportunities for professional and personal rewards. PPCS seeks an experienced financial leader in the electric or communications industries, including individuals with cooperative backgrounds. PPCS is seeking a dynamic individual looking for new challenges and to help PPCS members Live Better®.
Essential Job Duties
This position has the primary responsibility of managing and directing the daily finance of the Cooperative in a manner that advances the financial position of the Cooperative. This includes direct participation in the accounting, budgeting, investing, financing, and reporting functions. This position includes oversight responsibilities in accounts payable, tax reporting, debt portfolio, and treasury management.
- Establish economic objectives for the cooperative, including preparation of rate studies and cost of service analysis, long term financial forecasting, preparation of loan applications and effective cash management practices.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of financial reporting and internal accounting control.
- Direct and manage the activities of the accounting department.
- Manage the financials of subsidiary businesses and provide strategic guidance.
- Oversee the monthly general ledger processes.
- Develop and maintain a long-range financial management plan for the Cooperative.
- Monitor and update equity capital management forecast to provide long-term financial strength.
- Maintains key performance metrics, including Key Trend Ratio Analysis benchmarks.
- Coordinate the annual budget preparation processes.
- Prepare monthly and year-to-date financial statements. Prepare reports for the board of directors and management.
- Supervise cash disbursement and accounts payable processes.
- Studies department activities to determine efficient methods of carrying out cooperative and department objectives.
- Attend all monthly board meetings, prepare summaries of department activities, and report on-going improvement efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance required.
- Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is preferred.
- Experience (10+ years) of accounting experience. Must understand general accounting principles and financial statements.
- Budgeting and forecasting, or audit experience preferred.
- Experience with NISC iVUE Solutions preferred.
- Experience with RUS, CFC or CoBank borrowing preferred.
- Electric or communications cooperative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office / Office365.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate cooperative shared values and embodies servant leadership.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position.
- Occasional travel (company vehicle or commercial vehicle) may be required.
- Must be able to attend board meetings during the evening once a month.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam, including drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Compensation and Benefits
PPCS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary based on experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Charity Lubich, email@example.com. A full position description can be reviewed at www.piercepepin.coop/careers-ppcs.
PPCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.