CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER AND VP OF FINANCE
Pierce Pepin Cooperative Services, Ellsworth, Wisc
Essential Job Duties
This position has the primary responsibility of managing and directing the daily finance of PPCS and SwiftCurrent Connect in a manner that advances the financial position of the organizations. This includes direct participation in the accounting, budgeting, investing, financing, and reporting functions. This position includes oversight responsibilities in accounts payable, tax reporting, debt portfolio, and treasury management.
- Establish economic objectives for PPCS and SwiftCurrent Connect, including preparation of rate studies and cost of service analysis, long-term financial forecasting, preparation of loan applications, and effective cash management practices.
- Deliver financial updates at monthly board meetings, prepare summaries of department activities, and report ongoing improvement efforts.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of financial reporting and internal accounting control.
- Direct and manage the activities of the accounting department.
- Manage the financials and provide strategic guidance for PPCS and SwiftCurrent Connect.
- Oversee the monthly general ledger processes.
- Develop and maintain long-range financial management plans.
- Monitor and update equity capital management forecast to provide long-term financial strength.
- Maintains key performance metrics, including Key Trend Ratio Analysis benchmarks.
- Coordinate the annual budget preparation processes.
- Develop key dashboards, analytics, and financial reporting to help guide board and senior management team in their decisions.
- Supervise cash disbursement and accounts payable processes.
- Studies department activities to determine efficient methods of carrying out cooperative and department objectives.
- Lead accounting staff and work across departments to ensure financial objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance required.
- Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is preferred.
- Experience (10+ years) of accounting experience. Must understand general accounting principles and financial statements.
- Budgeting and forecasting, or audit experience preferred.
- Experience with NISC iVUE Solutions preferred.
- Experience with large capital borrowing preferred.
- Electric utility or telecommunications cooperative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office / Office365.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate cooperative shared values and embodies servant leadership.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position.
- Occasional travel (company vehicle or commercial vehicle) may be required.
- Must be able to attend board meetings during the evening once a month.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam, including drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
PPCS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary based on experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Charity Lubich, email@example.com. A full position description can be reviewed at www.piercepepin.coop/careers-ppcs.
Position will remain open until filled.
PPCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.