DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM OPERATOR
East Central Energy, Braham, Minn.—Our Distribution System Operator (DSO) is a critical resource for our members and our operations team in the safe and efficient dispatching of crews to restore power, resolve power quality problems, and emergency locates. We have a diverse work group that puts service at the heart of everything we do, operating 24 hours a day through rotating shifts, including regularly scheduled holidays and weekends. As one of our DSOs told us, “When I first came to ECE I was surprised at the number of different hats the DSO wears. This job has really given me a broad understanding of how the co-op serves its members every day.” The exciting on-site position of Distribution System Operator is based in Braham, MN.
As our Distribution System Operator, YOU are:
- An efficient communicator. You will work collaboratively with other DSOs at ECE to ensure timely, accurate, and uniform communication is relayed to members and employees regarding outages, power quality issues, billing, safety, and system integrity issues.
- An innovative thinker. You’re inspired to innovate, lead, and create process improvements. You analyze system software information and data to maintain and improve our system reliability and service to our members.
- Unfailingly dependable. You are expected to be here when scheduled and ready and willing to come in when called upon due to storms or unexpected outages. No one is ever left feeling like they need help when it gets busy.
- Cool as a cucumber. You remain calm and communicate clearly in stressful situations and your ability to offer a calming, compassionate response and guidance is key. You’re unfazed by changes in work shifts and priorities.
- Servant leader. At ECE, everything we do is grounded in serving. We serve our members, each other, and our community. Leadership is not a rank; it’s about taking care of those in our charge and recognizing every employee at ECE as a leader. We inspire those around us to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more in both their professional and personal lives.
- Trusted teammate. ECE runs on relationships. We believe that the best ideas can come from anywhere - even our newest employees. When we are working towards the same goal, the quality of the solution will always outweigh the source. Ask questions, share answers, and challenge expectations. It's not about what you can accomplish individually, it's about impacting what we can accomplish together.
- Safety advocate. Employees take personal ownership of safety, making it their first thought in every decision at work and at home. They follow all safety procedures, participate in safety programs, share safety information, and encourage others to work safely.
- Experienced professional. Do you have a two-year degree related to distribution system operations, electrical engineering technology, system design, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge and skills?
- Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas, and passion to help make ECE the best cooperative and work environment possible. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Trust you. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to personal and professional growth. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on creating a workplace where you are proud to say, “I work at ECE!”
- Remain committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive, and welcoming environment regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background, or experience.
Applicants can apply online through our Career & Job Openings page on our website:
ECE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.