Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative, Friendship, WI—is now accepting applications for an Electrical Engineer.
The duties for the electrical engineer include: To assure that the electric facilities of the cooperative are constructed, maintained, and operated to accepted industry standards in accordance with sound engineering design. To assure that electric facilities meet applicable standards and code requirements. To assure adequate planning, including long and short range plans, and programs for the orderly development of distribution and substation facilities and provide expertise for day to day questions, concerns and issues.
Other duties include:
- Conduct engineering studies to evaluate and improve system coordination;
- Assist with maintaining engineering analysis model (MilSoft WindMil, Light Table, and NISC Operations Analytics);
- Assist with annual budget preparation and justification;
- Correspond with connected and business partner utilities on operating and planning matters;
- Participate as a technical advisor as needed in the field and in developing and implementing a proactive program to address NEV issues and substation construction;
- Possess a working knowledge of load management (LM), automated meter infrastructure (AMI), distribution/substation automation (SCADA) systems, and develop a familiarization of related technologies;
- Assist with technical support and provide guidance to staking technicians in the design and layout of construction projects as needed – particularly with large power loads;
- Provide training and development opportunities for the staff of the engineering/operations department
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Power Engineering
- Valid Driver’s License
Adams Columbia Electric Cooperative is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and a full benefits package. To apply, or for more information, please visit https://www.acecwi.com/careers/ to download an application. You may also pick up an application in person at the Friendship office. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 30th.