JOURNEYMAN AND APPRENTICE LINE TECHNICIANS
East Central Energy, Braham, Minn. and Milaca, Minn.—is looking to add TWO energetic Journeyman Line Technicians or Apprentice Line Technicians to our team: one in Braham and another in Milaca. Are you a safe and highly-skilled leader? Do you enjoy problem-solving and serving your community? Then consider working with us!
A Day in the Life
- Read, understand, and interpret staking sheets.
- Transport and install poles, anchors, ground rods, ground wires, meters, transformers, fuse cut outs, oil circuit reclosers, sectionalizers, voltage regulators, capacitors, circuit breakers, power banks, and other line devices and equipment.
- Install streetlamps and other specialized lighting equipment.
- Locate underground cables.
- Write, proofread, and edit creative and technical content across different mediums.
- Replace damaged or overloaded transformers, meters, broken insulators, cross arms, and other defective material.
- Respond to trouble calls and make appropriate repairs.
- High school diploma
- Four years of electrical line experience
- Journeyman Lineman Certification; able to start or continue apprenticeship
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- CPR Certification
- Understand construction and maintenance of power lines to properly build and maintain the electrical distribution line.
- Adhere to Rural Utilities Service, National Electrical Safety Code, and the cooperative’s policies and procedures.
- Understand hot line work.
- Communicate effectively to conduct business with employees and members.
- Possess a high level of integrity; respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Organize time efficiently to complete responsibilities.
- Perform arithmetic, algebraic, and geometric calculations.
- Join a culture of innovation, empowered decision-making, and accountability.
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance.
- Up to 10% employer contribution to 401(k).
- Additional benefits and amenities, including paid time-off programs, education assistance, and more.
To apply online, visit https://east-central-energy.breezy.hr/p/157137474efc-line-technician-or-apprentice-line-technician
ECE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Application deadline: Monday, March 13, 2023