JOURNEYMAN OR APPRENTICE LINE TECHNICIAN
East Central Energy Cooperative, Superior, Wisc.— is looking to add an energetic Journeyman or Apprentice Line Technician to our team at our Superior, WI operations center. Are you a safe and highly skilled leader? Do you enjoy problem-solving and serving your community? Then this is a great fit for you!
A day in the life
- Read, understand, and interpret staking sheets.
- Transport and install poles, anchors, ground rods, ground wires, meters, transformers, fuse cutouts, oil circuit reclosers, sectionalizers, voltage regulators, capacitors, circuit breakers, power banks, and other line devices and equipment.
- Install streetlamps and other specialized lighting equipment.
- Locate underground cables.
- Replace damaged or overloaded transformers, meters, broken insulators, cross arms, and other defective materials.
- Respond to trouble calls and make appropriate repairs.
- High school diploma
- 4 years of electrical line experience
- Journeyman Lineman Certification OR all requirements of a two-year apprenticeship completed
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- CPR Certification
- Understand the construction and maintenance of power lines to properly build and maintain the electrical distribution line.
- Adhere to Rural Utilities Service, National Electrical Safety Code, and the cooperative’s policies and procedures.
- Understand hotline work.
- Communicate effectively to conduct business with employees and members.
- Possess a high level of integrity; respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Organize time efficiently to complete responsibilities.
- Perform arithmetic, algebraic, and geometric calculations.
- Join a culture of innovation, empowered decision-making, and accountability.
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance.
- Up to 10% employer contribution to 401(k).
- Additional benefits and amenities, including paid time-off programs, education assistance, and more.
ECE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Must apply by Monday, January 30, 2023.