Oconto Electric Cooperative (OEC), Oconto Falls, Wis.— a rural Wisconsin electric utility that owns & operators a 1-Megawatt Hydroelectric Dam located in Stiles, WI is seeking a full-time System Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for engineering and planning and will direct, guide, or assist in the engineering duties by applying technical knowledge, sound engineering judgment, and skill to ensure OEC’s system meets present and future requirements and is rendering safe, efficient, and reliable service.
- Conduct engineering studies to evaluate and improve system coordination
- Assist with maintaining engineering analysis model (MilSoft WindMil)
- Ability to work with all departments in the preparation of plans and studies relating to sectionalizing, over current protection, device coordination, over-voltage protection, voltage improvement, power factor correction, load balancing, and system reliability.
- Participate as technical advisor to the neutral-to-earth team as needed in the field
- Ability to maintain project schedule with multiple deadlines and apply critical thinking to design challenges
- Provides project management for major Cooperative initiatives such as distribution automation, mobile data, and other special projects.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must possess and be committed to the cooperative philosophy.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or related engineering degree
- Engineering experience with an electric distribution system a plus
- Hydroelectric plant knowledge a plus
- Computer skills strong knowledge of Excel, staking, CAD, and modeling software
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
Oconto Electric Cooperative offers a competitive salary, a full benefits package and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: please send cover letter, resume, and application to: Attn: Human Resource, Oconto Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 168, Oconto Falls, WI 54154 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To download an application or for more information, please visit ocontoelectric.com/category/career-opportunity/.
For a full job description, click here.
Deadline to apply: 4:00 p.m. December 3, 2021.