VICE PRESIDENT OF ENERGY SERVICES
Minnesota Valley Electric Cooperative (MVEC), Jordan, Minn.—is a member-owned distribution electrical cooperative in the southwest metro of the Twin Cities. Get to know MVEC at www.mvec.net
MVEC is excited to be adding a Vice President of Energy Services to the Team!
The Vice President of Energy Services is responsible for all aspects of MVEC member-facing products and services. The position has direct responsibility for residential sales, commercial sales, government relations, and product management. The Vice President of Energy Services oversees the development of MVEC products and services to ensure they meet member needs and are operationally and economically viable. The position acts as the liaison to renewable developers to understand their projects and how they could fit within MVEC's power supply portfolio.
As a member of MVEC’s Executive Team (E-Team), the Vice President of Energy Services direct reports to the CEO. The E-Team spends the majority of their time on strategic issues (50% to 70%) such as strategic planning, business planning, program development, budget creation, and performance management. MVEC’s E-Team leads by example, coaches, and develops the Leadership Team and Team Members to success. The E-team is accountable to the vision, mission, serving MVEC members with a sense of urgency and the Spirit of Our Cooperative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the operational and economic effectiveness of residential and commercial products and services
- Ensures MVEC's key accounts are supported in a manner that achieves their goals
- Provide vision and direction for MVEC residential and commercial products and services to meet member needs; including demand response, sustainability, efficiency, and renewable programs
- Develop and implement strategies to increase member use of products and services
- Directs and oversees MVEC's government relations activities
- Provides personnel orientation/training, coaching, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action/monitoring of staff, including decisions related to reward, transfer, suspension, promotion, or any other necessary disciplinary or commendation-related action
- Leads and supports business development opportunities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field – required
- 10 years experience in demand response, sustainability, efficiency, and/or renewable program development – required
- 4 years of strategic high-level leadership experience & people management – required
- Advanced degree (MBA) – preferred
Required Skills, Abilities, and Licenses:
- Ability to plan, develop, organize, coordinate, and implement projects – required
- Ability to keep privileged information confidential – required
- Ability to develop financial models for product offerings – required
- Excellent written and verbal communication/public speaking skills – required
- Proven ability to successfully influence and lead cross-departmental teams – required
- Proven ability to lead a team – required
- Understanding of power supply – including MISO markets – preferred
Applicants must be committed to providing service beyond members' expectations and lead by example. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 7, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer