YOUTH LEADERSHIP CONGRESS–VIRTUAL 2021
July 13–14, 2021
WECA’s 2021 Youth Leadership Council (YLC) will be virtual as the state continues its recovery from the pandemic. The two-day event is set for Tuesday, July 13 and Wednesday July 14 from 8:00 am until noon both days. Participating students will receive a welcome package with a t-shirt and other YLC preparation materials prior to the event.
It is a unique opportunity for youth across Wisconsin to develop their leadership skills while learning the purpose, operation, and scope of cooperative businesses.
What will you do at the WECA YLC?
- See what makes the cooperative business model different and successful, then apply this knowledge to fun and challenging cooperative activities.
- Identify and learn how to develop your own leadership skills.
- Discuss cooperative careers with industry professionals.
- Be entertained and challenged by highly acclaimed motivational speakers who understand teens and talk about topics that are relevant in your life.
Attendees elected to the youth board will not only plan the next conference their way; they also have the opportunity to attend the annual National Rural Electric Cooperative Association National Youth Tour in Washington, D.C., the following June.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- High school students with family members who belong to a Wisconsin electric cooperative.
- Students active in their school and community.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Sign up at: http://bit.ly/2021YLC
- Register by June 1, 2021*
- There is a limit of 200 students based on a first-come, first-registered basis. Register soon to secure your spot!
2021 YLC OPPORTUNITIES
- 1st Place: $250
- 2nd Place: $100
- 3rd Place: $50
- 1st Place: $1,000
- 2nd Place: $500
- 3rd Place: $250
Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association